These pages contain the Daisy 1.3 documentation. The main Daisy site can be found here.
In continuous development for the past 6 months, Daisy packs many new features while providing improvements and bugfixes to ensure easier implementation and integration.
Most notable new features in this release are:
- the introduction of document variants, to support different document branches and multi-linguality
- document tasks for the automation of batched document operations
- easier installation with more defaults and less configuration work
- support for multiple authentication schemes (ships with LDAP and NTLM support)
- multi-value fields for management of keyword-like metadata fields
- a faceted navigation browser for metadata-based exploration of large document sets
- improved role management providing "group"-based access control organization
- a totally revamped and vastly improved skinning and publishing mechanism, allowing easier creation of custom look-and-feels, and easier implementation of custom Daisy-based applications
- preliminary RSS feed support
- a detail list of changes, new features and improvements is linked from the upgrade instructions.
Daisy 1.3 is available free of charge and under the ASL 2.0 license.